The Comparison Game


Jean Jacket, T-Shirt: Old Zara. Similar, Shorts, Shoes, Clutch: Old Madewell. Similar.

These are my new favorite shorts!  They are so swingy and loose and the linen is perfect for summer.  I dressed them up a bit here… I would probably wear this to get drinks on a patio with my husband. Also... side note: I forgot to wear jewelry for these pictures.  Which actually happens to me a lot in real life. Oh well.  I have bigger fish to fry.

Such as: I’ve been thinking a lot about how my style impacts the relationships around me.  I think, as women, we play the comparison game a lot… especially with our appearance.  When it comes to our style it feels good to be the “most fashionable” (whatever that means because we all have different standards… but you catch my drift).  When we have that distinction among our peers it gives us a certain amount of control and “power.” Why is that?  I kind of hate it.  I get that our style is an artistic reflection of who we are internally and I wouldn’t want to change that.  It’s fun to put an outfit together, but when we use it as a tool to feel more important than someone else there is a problem.  Right?  Fashion should be something that brings people together instead of driving them apart.  So… lets all make a pact.  Lets agree to use our clothes for good instead of for evil. 




Until next time,


3 comments

  1. This is great! For so many years I struggled trying to be better than everyone else with my clothing. I would spend money we didn't have to buy things that I thought were nicer than everyone else. One valuable lesson I was taught was when I bought a cashmere sweater for $$$ to impress and be better than all my girlfriends. (I'm sure no one was impressed.....it didn't even look that great on me!) After wearing it a few times I gained weight and it no longer fit so I tried to sell it. I tried consignment, eBay, garage sales and nobody wanted the darn thing! On my last garage sale before I moved out east I finally sold the barely worn, $$$, cashmere sweater for 25 cents. It was a good lesson for me! But apart from the spending money I didn't have, the real issues was thinking I was better than someone else because of a certain piece of clothing or price tag. It is something I still work on, and I would like to think I am getting better....but there is always room for improvement! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean Rebecca!! I did the same thing with a fancy smart wool sweater only to figure out my skin has a wool sensitivity. 😂 I still haven't been able to let go of that one because it was so dang expensive! Maybe when I go through my fall items... We will see! You're right though, there is always room for improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. sell csgo skins for paypal

    ReplyDelete