A Little Edge



Geometric Necklace: No longer available.  Similar.


If you look closely, this is basically the same outfit that I posted on Monday, but with a little bit of edge.  The secret to this outfit (and most of my outfits) is that it is SO comfortable.  I’ve had this t-shirt for years and I still love it just as much as the day I bought it!  It’s the perfect amount of baggy, but fitted.

Speaking of clothing you’ve had for years, I had someone ask me about what to do with sentimental clothing that you don’t wear regularly.  First of all, don’t feel like you have to get rid of everything and start over!  Most of the clothing in my summer capsule were items I already owned and loved like this gray t-shirt.  On the other hand, I had a few pairs of sandals I didn’t wear often, but felt sentimental towards so I put them in storage to potentially pull out for a future capsule.  I also have some clothing items that I haven’t worn in years and I know that I probably won’t wear them again. For those clothing items I put them in a memory box.  However, if you’re keeping bags and bags of “sentimental” clothing in storage, you might want to dig a little deeper.  Part of this process is learning how to live with less so you do need to learn to get rid of clothing.  I would start by asking yourself why you can’t get rid of it.  Is it because you simply had it in college?  Or is it because you wore it on your first date with your husband?  Keep only what you can’t live without.  My philosophy is that if I’m holding on to something unnecessarily, I’m keeping someone else from enjoying it. On that note… happy purging!






Until next time,


2 comments