On Being Trendy


Black Romper, Scarf: Old J.Crew. Similar, Purse, Flats, Watch: Old American Eagle. Similar.

This romper is probably the trendiest item in my capsule.  To be honest, I wasn’t all about the whole romper trend because, well, I’m not in my twenties anymore and most of the rompers were a tad bit too short for me.  However, the length of this one is perfect and it’s made with a super forgiving jersey material.  Done and done.



One thing that I’ve been thinking about as I’ve been carrying out the capsule concept is that it is extremely freeing to not be a “prisoner” of trends.  Before doing this I always felt like I was perpetually one step behind what was trendy.  It was actually pretty exhausting.  Putting this capsule together and being forced to take a break from shopping has forced me to be content with not being totally “on trend.”  But it also has made me realize that I don’t necessarily need, or want, to be the most fashionable person in the room.  I’m realizing that I’m content just having my own personal style that works for me. Do you ever feel the same way?

Until next time,





2 comments

  1. I love rompers on other people, but not so much on me. I figured I did rompers once back in 1990, I should probably just leave it there......as a woman in my late 30's it is hard to know what is age appropriate to wear. :-) You pull it off very well and it looks age appropriate on you, but then, I think women in their early 30's can do more trends than women in their late 30's. I also feel the same way about the capsule wardrobe, it has forced me to find my own personal style and not focus as much on trends. I still add an occasional one though if I find it really works with my lifestyle and other clothing.

    I love the scarf you paired with the romper! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! This definitely is one of those looks that isn't super versatile. :) I think as I get older, I might transition to a jumpsuit instead of a romper... if they are still in style in a couple of years. I think a wide leg jumpsuit would look good on a more diverse age range.

      Delete