Midwest Summers


Tank Top; Shorts; Cross Body Purse (Bought at the Florence Outdoor Markets), Similar; Sandals

One of my favorite things about living in the Midwest is its summers.  Everyone comes out of hibernation after the frigid winter and summer is CELEBRATED.  I feel like you miss a lot of that energy when you don’t have winter.  I guess that same concept applies to a capsule wardrobe doesn’t it?  Each new season’s wardrobe is anticipated and cherished because of the period of waiting that precedes it. 

Speaking of that, I had a decision to make in regards to this summer’s capsule wardrobe.  I thought I had lost my black romper and I was trying to decide whether or not I should replace it.  I ended up finding it so I didn’t have to make a decision, but it was an interesting dilemma.  For those of you who do the capsule wardrobe concept what do you do?  Do you replace things?  Do you just live without it?  In this case, I don’t think I would have replaced it because it wasn’t a necessary part of my wardrobe.  However, if I would have lost my white t-shirt (or something similar) I think I would have replaced that.  What do you think?  I would love some advice!





Until next time,




4 comments

  1. Hmmm, I'm not sure I have fully formed thoughts about this, but I agree with your statement about white tee; that is to say that even though I don't rely on separates in my capsule I think I would miss (and therefore would replace) a staple/workhorse like a white tee, or in my case a neutral cardigan. However, all of my dresses are super dear to me and if I lost one or one got eaten up in a lawn mower or something I would be fairly devasted and not able to replace it as easily? I think I would probably just keep my eye out for whatever special quality that dress had (maxi, light-weight, fun print, specific colour) and if I saw something that would fulfill that quality I would snap it up, otherwise I would probably just lean harder on my other items. So I guess my argument is that for me replacing an item would depend on its importance to my capsule line-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree Kala! I do think that a white tee is an essential. The more I think about it, I realize that I would definitely replace something like that. Honestly, I really don't think I would have replaced the romper. It's just not something that I wear that often and I don't think I would miss it that much. Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute style!!! Love your cross body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're so very kind! I got this bag at the leather markets in Florence so it holds a special place in my heart. 😊

      Delete