A Weekend at the Lake


We had a great time at the lake this past weekend.  We kayaked, visited the local kitschy museum, swam in the lake, and just hung around and chatted with family.  As predicted, Kit hated the water.  We’ll get there.  I’m sure next summer she’ll be a little fish like her cousins. 


Striped Sweatshirt (limited sizes left), Similar; Striped Tank Top (Old Madewell), Similar or Sort of Similar; Black Blouse (thrifted Madewell), Similar or Sort of Similar; Jeans (Old AE), Similar; Shorts (Old Gap), Similar Style; Sneakers (Old Converse) Similar StyleSandals

Once again, I was so happy to have my capsule wardrobe for packing.  It made things so effortless and it was so refreshing to not have to think about what I was going to wear. I was chatting with one of David’s cousins (shout out to John!) about how ridiculous it is that we think people care as much as we think they do about what we are wearing.  He was telling me that he wore the same outfit for several days and saw a few people more than once and they didn’t notice.  Why do we think people care so much about what we wear?  I’m not saying that our overall appearance doesn’t contribute to how people perceive us.  If I were to start wearing ratty sweatpants with holes in them, I hope people would notice that I have departed from my normal routine.  I also realize that first impressions are important and that our clothing contributes to that.  However, I think that personal style will only take you so far.  First impressions fade away. What people are going to remember forever is how classy, funny, kind, etc. you are… not whether or not you were wearing Valentino.  So let’s put more energy into being well rounded individuals.  K?  What do you think?  Do you get caught up in only thinking about one facet of your person?






Until next time,





2 comments

  1. I love this! It's so true... I don't really notice what other people are wearing! Unless I'm admiring their outfit haha! And I'm definitely more likely to remember what a golden person they are ;) I'm heading up to my parents house on their lake next week, might have to post my packing list too! I love just throwing things in a bag not worrying if everything will "go" together. Yay capsule wardrobes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Krysta! I'd love to see your packing list... it's really helpful to see how other people use their capsule wardrobes with packing. Have fun at the lake!

    ReplyDelete