All about that Hair

Today we’re talking about hair! I’ve been asked by a few people to do a hair tutorial and I’m happy to share what little knowledge I have.  Speaking of small amounts of knowledge, I am SUCH a novice at this whole blogging thing that I am not even going to attempt to try to film a video or shoot some nice tutorial pictures.  What I will do is share with you the videos that I learned from and the products that I use.  One thing I will tell you is that my hair routine has become pretty simple since I started this whole capsule wardrobe thing.  This process is teaching me to not hide behind my image and that means I’m using less makeup and spending much less time on my hair. 

So… with that said, what I typically do is let my hair air dry.  Once it’s completely dry I use a straightener to curl the top layer of my hair.  It literally takes five minutes.  Here is the video that I use:


Once I’m done curling it, but before the curls have cooled completely (that part is important), I spritz a sea salt spray in my hair and scrunch, scrunch, scrunch.  That’s it!  Easy as pie. If I use dry shampoo then I can usually get away without washing my hair for 2-3 days. 

     
                                                                            Sea Salt Spray     Dry Shampoo

If I want to jazz things up a bit (like once a year for my wedding anniversary), I’ll blow dry my hair and use a slightly more complicated method for curling my hair.  Here is the video I use for blow drying my hair. 


Because I only blow dry my hair once in a great while, I do invest in the products that I use.  I find that when I invest in good products, I spend less time at the salon because my hair stays healthier. Plus, I find that with these particular products, I need less and they are better at multitasking than drugstore brands. The products that I use when I blow dry are:

      
                                                        Hair Dryer                  Round Brush                       Clips   
                                     
  
                                                    Leave in          Root Spray            Primer                    Oil


Once I am done curling my hair I let my hair completely cool this time and then I scrunch in a texturising cream.  Again, with dry shampoo I can usually get away without washing my hair for 3-4 days.
                                                          Texture Cream                                            Hair Wand

I know this is a departure from my typical content so thanks for sticking with me!  If any of you have good videos to watch for doing easy hair, I would love to see them in the comments below!

Until next time,



No comments